From: Edward Capriolo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JDBC: Infinite while(rs.next()) loop

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Saurabh Nanda<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Great! So how far is a release candidate or nightly build now ?
>
> Saurabh.
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Zheng Shao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Namit just committed Todd's patch of HIVE-487, so hive trunk is
>> already compatible with hadoop 0.20 now.
>>
>> Zheng
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Saurabh
>> Nanda<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > Another line of reasoning -- if Hive-trunk is not compiling with
>> > Hadoop 0.20, then people with Hadoop 0.20 are anyways living with their bugs.
>> > That
>> > should not be a reason to not put out a new build. With a new
>> > build, at least people who're on newer versions of Hadoop get their
>> > Hive bug fixes & features.

>> > --
>> > http://nandz.blogspot.com
>> > http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com
>> >

>> --
>> Yours,
>> Zheng
>

> --
> http://nandz.blogspot.com
> http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com

Bill, I feel your pain on the nightly releases. At any given time I am working with four trunks, and two major hadoop versions. On a related topic, I use linux-vserver.org I want to cook up a system that can produce and test in distributed mode, something like hudson + vserver to fire out 'appliances' but doing nightly should be pretty easy ill start on that first.