Sqoop, mail # user - sqoop import : communication links failure

+
wan razali 2013-11-01, 17:24
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-11-02, 17:59
+
Wan Razali 2013-11-03, 02:49
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-11-03, 17:29
Re: sqoop import : communication links failure
Wan Razali 2013-11-05, 05:12
Hi all,

it works now....actually something wrong with ubuntu....
I have 2 PCs using ubuntu 12 n ubuntu 13.....when I ping one another, I got "destination host unreachable" message.
after solving that now I can import smoothly.

description of "destination host unreachable"

thnx all....

On Monday, November 4, 2013 1:30 AM, Venkat Ranganathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

May be you have firewall blocking remote connections to the DB host (check iptables if it is running on Linux and Windows FIrewall settings if running on Windows).  Also, make sure that you can run mysql client without problems -

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Wan Razali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Jarek,
>thnx for the response.
>actually I only have one node running where the namenode, secondarynode, datanode,jobtracker in one PC only.
>

>the remote PC contains the remote database which I failed to access using sqoop version 1.4.4
>

>my configuration
>IP: 192.168.0.150 - running namenode, secondarynode, datanode, jobstracker
>IP: 192.168.0.151 - running the remote mysql database
>

>FYI, I did try accessing local database at IP 192.168.0.150 and it works.
>

>any other things I need to look into?
>

>tq
>

>On Sunday, November 3, 2013 1:59 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>Hi sir,
>Sqoop will need access to your database from *all* machines in your cluster. Having db access only from some limited number of machines (such as gateways, NameNode or other "special" nodes) is not sufficient. I would recommend trying that mysql command from all your nodes or checking your user configuration on MySQL server side.
>
>Jarcec
>
>On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 01:24:22AM +0800, wan razali wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to import remote database using sqoop
>>
>> I did try the solutions mentioned here:
>> http://solaimurugan.blogspot.com/2013/07/resolved-issue-error-in-sqoop-14.html
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27361435/sqoop_meetup_kate_ting_110711.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1323721159000
>>
>> & did test the connection using mysql command below & successfully
>> connected to the remote mysql server (@ 192.168.0.151):-
>>

>> >mysql -h 192.168.0.151 -u sqoopuser -pscooppassword
>>
>> mysql> show databases;
>> +--------------------+
>> | Database           |
>> +--------------------+
>> | information_schema |
>> | mysql              |
>> | performance_schema
 |
>> | propertytrend      |
>> | test               |
>> | webscrapper        |
>> +--------------------+
>> 6 rows in set (0.39 sec)
>>
>> -------------------------------------
>> mysql> status;
>> --------------
>> mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.32, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
>> readline 6.2
>>
>> Connection id:        73
>> Current database:
>> Current user: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> SSL:            Not in use
>> Current pager:        stdout
>> Using outfile:        ''

 Using delimiter:    ;
>> Server version:        5.5.32-0ubuntu7 (Ubuntu)
>> Protocol version:    10
>> Connection:        192.168.0.151 via TCP/IP
>> Server characterset:    latin1
>> Db     characterset:    latin1
>> Client characterset:    utf8
>> Conn.  characterset:    utf8
>> TCP port:        3306
>> Uptime:            32 min 47 sec
>>

>> I want to import the remote db into HFDS with setting options as follows:
>> -----------------------
>> import
>> --connect
>> jdbc:mysql://198.168.0.151/propertytrend
>> --verbose
>> --username
>> sqoopuser
>> --password
>> scooppasword
>> --as-textfile
>> --split-by
>> id
>> --table

 hd_columns_varchar
>> --columns
>> id,rowId,value
>> --where
>> columnId = 5 AND reportId = 200
>> --target-dir
>> /user/hduser/sqoop/import/output
>>
>> ------------------------
>>

>> But when I ran the sqoop import I got these errors:
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> bin/sqoop --options-file options/setting-import3.txt
 -P instead.
 LIMIT 1
 sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
 com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:47)
  at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:801)
    at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:396)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
 org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:96)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE