Accumulo >> mail # user >> Automating Accumulo installation

+
Andrew Pennebaker 2013-08-16, 15:14
+
Brad Cox 2013-08-16, 15:22
+
Brendan Heussler 2013-08-16, 15:24
+
John Vines 2013-08-16, 16:19
+
Andrew Pennebaker 2013-08-16, 16:26
+
Jamie Stephens 2013-08-16, 16:18
+
David Medinets 2013-08-16, 21:21
Re: Automating Accumulo installation
I've been spending a little time cleaning up the rpm generation for
Accumulo. I'll post my WIP to Github sometime soon.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos or shorthand.
On Aug 16, 2013 5:22 PM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brad, a complete example of installing the Accumulo stack from scratch is
> at https://github.com/medined/accumulo-at-home (and another version is at
> https://github.com/medined/accumulo_stackscript).
>

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Brad Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> ABSOLUTELY!!
>>
>> In fact the problem of installing Accumulo and its many sub-parts
>> installed, configured and working properly stopped me from even attempting
>> it. Configuring something I don't yet understand is so unpleasant I try
>> hard to avoid it.
>>
>> Sqrrl packages their Accumulo as a VirtualBox VM with no dangling loose
>> ends. They also provide a version for Amazon EC2 which I'm also using.
>> Cloudera has an even nicer installer (for Hadoop minus Accumulo it seems)
>> with GUIs for most sub-parts.
>>
>> On Aug 16, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Andrew Pennebaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I think it would make Accumulo installation easier if we released
>> > standardized packages.
>> >
>> > What if Ubuntu users could simply "apt-get install accumulo"?
>> >
>> > Similarly, we could help out Mac developers by submitting a
>> > Homebrew<http://brew.sh/> formula
>> > for accumulo (there's already one for hadoop!), and Windows developers
>> > would enjoy a Chocolatey <http://chocolatey.org/> package. The easier
>> the
>> > installation process, the more people want to use Accumulo!
>>
>> Dr. Brad J. Cox    Cell: 703-594-1883 Blog: http://bradjcox.blogspot.com
>> http://virtualschool.edu

+
Christopher 2013-08-20, 02:27