Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ZooKeeper performance

Re: ZooKeeper performance
Questions in-line

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Dima Gutzeit
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some performance related question.
>
> I am running a cluster of 5 zookeeper machines, each one has dual quad
> core Xeon 2.5 Ghz, 8 gb RAM.
>
> I want achieve the following numbers:
>
> 10 clients producing in total (at peaks):

Each producing this?
> 3K add nodes, 3K delete nodes and 10K watches. Per second.

What do you mean by 10K watches?  10,000 watch notifications?

Does those numbers make any sense ?

This is a bit high.  It sounds like you are trying to use ZK as a message
bus rather than a coordination service.  You can do this, but the throughput
you can achieve is limited.  If you want higher throughput, it is better to
have ZK coordinate a higher performance messaging system such as Kafka.