Chukwa, mail # dev - Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-03, 04:29
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-04, 23:00
+
Eric Yang 2013-04-05, 05:06
+
ant elder 2013-04-05, 08:46
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-05, 14:00
+
Jukka Zitting 2013-04-05, 14:21
+
Eric Yang 2013-04-08, 05:59
+
ant elder 2013-04-08, 06:48
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-08, 15:27
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-08, 20:35
+
Jukka Zitting 2013-04-09, 03:58
+
ant elder 2013-04-09, 06:43
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-09, 12:57
+
ant elder 2013-04-11, 16:36
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-08, 15:27
Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-08, 20:32

On Apr 5, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Jukka Zitting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> With that said, we do need to be transparent in our reporting with respect to
>> the inactivity of the project and the community's decision to graduate in spite
>> of it.
>
> Looking at the decline of dev@ activity over the past few months I'm
> starting to agree with Alan on the issue of graduation/retirement.
> Quoting my message from general@ in November [1]:
>
>    The question here isn't about exact metrics or some predefined level
>    of activity that the project should be able to reach, but rather the
>    trajectory you're on. Is there a reasonable expectation that Chukwa
>    can reverse the downward trend in activity? What are you going to do
>    to make that happen?
>
> Unfortunately the downward trend has continued, and we don't have a
> good idea on how to turn it around or at least keep it stable at the
> levels from say last year.
>
> With over three months since the last non-trivial code change
> (CHUKWA-565) and nearly two months since last bits of development
> discussion (CHUKWA-679), the situation looks much worse than it did at
> the end of last year. I would note this drop in activity in the
> report.
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/q75bqeyxg3i5idqo
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Jukka, I've updated the mentor list at the bottom of Chukwa's report.  Would you care to mark the report as reviewed?
Regards,
Alan
+
Marvin 2013-04-08, 13:10