HDFS, mail # user - Re: Delays in worker node jobs

Re: Delays in worker node jobs
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-30, 00:14

Do you know if you have enough job-load on the system? One way to look at this is to look for running map/reduce tasks on the JT UI at the same time you are looking at the node's cpu usage.

Collecting hadoop metrics via a metrics collection system say ganglia will let you match up the timestamps of idleness on the nodes with the job-load at that point of time.

HTH,
+vinod