Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Config in ZooKeeperInstance

Re: Config in ZooKeeperInstance
The reason I'm interested in the config from a ZooKeeperInstance is because
a ZKInstance needs to know whether or not to use SSL to try to connect to a
given cluster.  I think it would be annoying to require a ZKInstance client
to explicitly specify "useSsl" any time they want to connect to an SSL
tserver (although I do see value in having a "requireSsl" optional flag).
 If configuration isn't the right way to communicate this, do people have
other suggestions?  I suppose I could just throw an ssl:// on the front of
the connection string or something, but it seems kludgy to do that any time
there's a configuration option that we want clients to know about.

As far as removing Instance.getConfiguration() entirely, there are about 30
references throughout the codebase to getConfiguration() on a bare
Instance.  Finding some other way to plumb whatever options those consumers
care about through the stack sounds like a substantial project.

In my use case, I am only interested in the configuration that's stored in
ZK, and I already have enough information to connect to ZK, so it doesn't
seem difficult technically, just a question of desired behavior.