HBase >> mail # user >> filtering rows for column values not null

+
Ted 2013-10-24, 08:54
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-24, 13:23
Re: filtering rows for column values not null
I think Ted is looking for the SingleColumnValueFilter.setFilterIfMissing()
method.  Try setting that to true.

Toby

*******************************
  Toby Lazar
  Capital Technology Group
  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Mobile: 646-469-5865
*******************************
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> I'm not sure to get you. HBase will not store any cell in the system if
> there is no content. So if you do a scan, you will get only the cells where
> the content is not null. There is no need to have any filter here. Can you
> please detail what you put in the table and what cells you are trying to
> NOT read?
>
> JM
>

> 2013/10/24 Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Hi I have a relatively simple situation,
> >
> > As an example I have a table of Users, with first and last name.
> >
> > I set a scan a FilterList and I add a SingleColumnValueFilter, with
> > column qualifier=firstName, CompareOp.EQUAL, and value="bob".
> >
> > The problem is, I'm getting "bob" as well as anyone with out a firstName.
> >
> > I tried adding NOT_EQUALS null and NOT_EQUALS (new byte[0]) and neither
> > helped.
> >
> > Does anyone know of how to filter on a column value not null?
> > --
> > Ted.

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-24, 13:31