HBase >> mail # user >> RegionSplitter command

RegionSplitter command
Hi All,

I am using HBase0.92.1. I am trying to run ycsb tests on my hbase cluster.
But while running the load test with 40 threads i am getting hotspots on
the RS that is hosting the Region of 'usertable'. Currently, the empty
table only has one region. So, i want to pre-split my 'usertable' using the
RegionSplitter utility.
HexStringSplit is the splitting algorithm, 'c' is the name of the column
family. I tried the following commands but they didnt work:

   1. hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.RegionSplitter usertable
   HexStringSplit -c 60 -f c
   2. hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.RegionSplitter -c 60 -f c
   usertable HexStringSplit

Following is the output of above commands:

usage: RegionSplitter <TABLE>
 -c <region count>        Create a new table with a pre-split number of
                          regions
 -D <property=value>      Override HBase Configuration Settings
 -f <family:family:...>   Column Families to create with new table.
                          Required with -c
 -h                       Print this usage help
 -o <count>               Max outstanding splits that have unfinished
                          major compactions
 -r                       Perform a rolling split of an existing region
    --risky               Skip verification steps to complete
                          quickly.STRONGLY DISCOURAGED for production
                          systems.
Please let me know the proper command for RegionSplitter utility.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta