Hadoop >> mail # user >> No space left on device

Re: No space left on device
Do you have the JT and NN on the same node?
Look here on the Lars Francke´s post:
http://gbif.blogspot.com/2011/01/setting-up-hadoop-cluster-part-1-manual.html
This is a very schema how to install Hadoop, and look the configuration
that he used for the name and data directories.
If this directories are in the same disk, and you don´t have enough
space for it, you can find that exception.

My recomendation is to divide these directories in separate discs with a
very similar schema to the Lars´s configuration
Another recomendation is to check the Hadoop´s logs. Read about this here:
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2010/11/hadoop-log-location-and-retention/

regards

--
Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
  Data Engineer&&  Sr. System Administrator at UCI

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci