Flume >> mail # dev >> about SpoolingFileLineReader changes

about SpoolingFileLineReader changes
Hi

I want to write the external RPC client which reads files from a directory.
SpolingDirectory source can serve my purpose. But I am writing this to
reach close to "exactly once delivery" by maintaing offsets.

For that I need to change class 'SpoolingFileLineReader'.   But in the
comments in
that file it is written that :
"NOTE: This class is for internal Flume components, this is not an
extension point for developers customizing Flume."

Is there any specific reason for this? I mean if I just tweak it to
customize to my
purpose, are there any other impacts which I am missing?

Regards,
Jagadisn