Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Contributing...

Re: Contributing...
Hi James,

In terms of areas of active development, there's still quite a bit to do in
MapReduce and YARN. ApplicationHistoryServer (YARN-321), Rolling Restart
(YARN-666), and work-preserving preemption are all in their early stages.
 YARN in general could also still use some polish so there are probably a
decent number of JIRAs to pick up in that area.  I haven't contributed very
much to HDFS, so I don't have a ton of knowledge about what's going on
there.

Also, I've found that a good way to start contributing is to use the
software and find things about it that bother you.

Hope that helps,
Sandy