Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.6.0 release

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-20, 20:42
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-06-20, 21:59
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-20, 22:24
[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.6.0 release
Hi!

Apache Bigtop community is happy to announce our
next releaseof Bigtop 0.6.0. This latest release is based
on Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha and it provides full integration
between the following Hadoop ecosystem projects:
  * Apache Zookeeper 3.4.5
  * Apache Flume 1.3.1
  * Apache HBase 0.94.5
  * Apache Pig 0.11.1
  * Apache Hive 0.10.0
  * Apache Sqoop 2 (AKA 1.99.2)
  * Apache Oozie 3.3.2
  * Apache Whirr 0.8.2
  * Apache Mahout 0.7
  * Apache Solr (SolrCloud) 4.2.1
  * Apache Crunch (incubating) 0.5.0
  * DataFu 0.0.6
  * Hue 2.3.0

Two brand new components in the release are:
  * Giraph 1.0.0
  * HCatalog 0.5.0

This brings our total count of Hadoop ecosystem
projects managed by Bigtiop to a whopping 15!
(we're still not quite the Linux distro -- but we're getting there ;-)).

This release has been tested and provides binary
convenience artifacts for the following set of Linux distros:
  * RHEL/CentOS 5 and 6
  * Fedora 17 and 18
  * SLES 11
  * OpenSUSE 12.2
  * Ubuntu LTS Lucid and Precise
  * Ubuntu Quantal

We would like to invite everybody to join the developer
community or simply give the binary Bigtop distribution a try.
All you have to do is pick your favorite Linux Distro and
apt-get/yum/zypper install whatever tickles your fancy:
   http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bigtop/bigtop-0.6.0/repos
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.6.0

Once again -- thanks and enjoy the Bigtop Hadoop distribution!

Your faithful release manager for Bigtop 0.6.0,
Roman.
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-20, 06:53
+