Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zoo Keeper - The Beginning

+
judesolomonc 2013-08-29, 06:46
+
Diego Oliveira 2013-09-01, 14:31
+
judesolomonc 2013-09-02, 09:30
Re: Zoo Keeper - The Beginning
Jude,

    You will not code in the server. Think in the zookeeper as file
systems, you use it to make your services communicate.
   1. Start the Zookeeper server. Open a terminal, go to the folder you
   downloaded Zookeeper, then execute ./bin/zkServer.sh start-foreground,
   it will start Zookeeper and print the log in the console.
   2. Create a java class as described in http://pastebin.com/Csd4UHqr
   3. Add the zookeeper.jar that is in your class path, compile and run the
   program. It will list the zookeeper content.
It is possible to do a lot more using
watchers<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/javaExample.html>,
take a look in the recipes<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/recipes.html>,
or use a framework like Curator <http://curator.incubator.apache.org/>.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:30 AM, judesolomonc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Diego
>
> We are planning to use zookeeper for a server fail over condition. Which
> means when a server is down, the client should be able to connect and send
> request to an alternate configured. When going through the documentation,
> we
> found that zoo keeper helps in achieving this scenario. But we are not able
> to proceed with the setting up of server. When we start the server using
> the
> NIO connection factory given in the Zoo Keeper, the socket connection is
> created by the Zoo Keeper itself using the Client port. And once the server
> is up, how to use a client to communicate to the server with that port ?
> And
> in the server, how to read the request sent b the client ? Is there any
> exposed methods to get the data from the external client ? As far I have
> checked, the object used to create the connection is not exposed. So I am
> not able to use that object to receive the data from the client. Can you
> suggest me how to proceed for the above mentioned scenario ?
>
> Jude Solomon

Att.
Diego de Oliveira
System Architect
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.diegooliveira.com
Never argue with a fool -- people might not be able to tell the difference
+
judesolomonc 2013-09-03, 06:19
+
Diego Oliveira 2013-09-03, 12:24