Zookeeper, mail # user - Zoo Keeper - The Beginning

+
judesolomonc 2013-08-29, 06:46
+
Diego Oliveira 2013-09-01, 14:31
+
judesolomonc 2013-09-02, 09:30
Re: Zoo Keeper - The Beginning
Diego Oliveira 2013-09-02, 16:35
Jude,

    You will not code in the server. Think in the zookeeper as file
systems, you use it to make your services communicate.
   1. Start the Zookeeper server. Open a terminal, go to the folder you
   downloaded Zookeeper, then execute ./bin/zkServer.sh start-foreground,
   it will start Zookeeper and print the log in the console.
   2. Create a java class as described in http://pastebin.com/Csd4UHqr
   3. Add the zookeeper.jar that is in your class path, compile and run the
   program. It will list the zookeeper content.
It is possible to do a lot more using
watchers<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/javaExample.html>,
take a look in the recipes<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/recipes.html>,
or use a framework like Curator <http://curator.incubator.apache.org/>.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:30 AM, judesolomonc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Diego
>
> We are planning to use zookeeper for a server fail over condition. Which
> means when a server is down, the client should be able to connect and send
> request to an alternate configured. When going through the documentation,
> we
> found that zoo keeper helps in achieving this scenario. But we are not able
> to proceed with the setting up of server. When we start the server using
> the
> NIO connection factory given in the Zoo Keeper, the socket connection is
> created by the Zoo Keeper itself using the Client port. And once the server
> is up, how to use a client to communicate to the server with that port ?
> And
> in the server, how to read the request sent b the client ? Is there any
> exposed methods to get the data from the external client ? As far I have
> checked, the object used to create the connection is not exposed. So I am
> not able to use that object to receive the data from the client. Can you
> suggest me how to proceed for the above mentioned scenario ?
>
> Jude Solomon

Att.
Diego de Oliveira
System Architect
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.diegooliveira.com
Never argue with a fool -- people might not be able to tell the difference
+
judesolomonc 2013-09-03, 06:19
+
Diego Oliveira 2013-09-03, 12:24