Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 19:15
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-23, 23:40
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-24, 20:13
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-24, 21:26
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-24, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-21, 19:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 20:46
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 21:33
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 20:00
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 21:14
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 21:50
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-11-21, 23:00
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 23:58
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-22, 09:21
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-22, 01:46
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-22, 01:57
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-21, 21:03
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 21:30
Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Sorry, to clarify my point a little more, Ant does allow you to make
declarations to explicitly set the desired file permissions via the
fileMode attribute of a tarfileset.  However, it does not have the
capability to preserve whatever permissions were naturally created on files
earlier in the build process.  This is a difference in maintainability, as
adding new files to the build may then require extra maintenance of the Ant
directives to apply the desired fileMode.  This is an easy thing to
overlook.  A solution that preserves the natural permissions requires less
maintenance overhead.

I couldn't find a way to make assembly plugin preserve permissions like
this either.  It just has explicit fileMode directives similar to Ant.
 (Let me know if I missed something though.)

To see symlinks show up in distribution tarballs, you need to build with
the native components, like libhadoop.so or bundled Snappy.

Thanks,
--Chris
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Radim Kolar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dne 21.11.2012 22:03, Chris Nauroth napsal(a):
>
>  For creation of the distribution tarballs, the Maven
>> Ant Plugin (and actually the underlying Ant tool) cannot preserve file
>> permissions or symlinks.
>>
> maven assembly plugin can deal with file permissions. not sure about
> symlinks. I do not remember dist tar to have symlinks inside.

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 23:15
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-22, 00:14