HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk

Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Konstantin Shvachko
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The SPOF is in HDFS. This project is about shared storage
> implementation, that could be replaced by NFS or BookKeeper or
> something else.

You cannot equate QJM to a solution that requires an NFS filer.  A
filer is just not possible in the deploys I am privy to.

> Same if QJ failed. You go to the creators, which will be somewhat
> closer than NetApp, because it is still Hadoop.

You seem to be undoing yourself with the above setup Konstantin.  At
our deploy, we can't do NetApp so calling them will never happen.  If
a problem in QJM, it's Apache HDFS, so it'll be fixed by the community
-- hopefully w/ input by creators -- as any other issue would be fixed
(or not).

St.Ack