HBase >> mail # user >> Problems while exporting from Hbase to CSV file

+
Vimal Jain 2013-06-27, 07:11
Re: Problems while exporting from Hbase to CSV file
1) Scan.setCaching() to specify the number of rows for caching that will be
passed to scanners.
    and what's your block cache size?

    but if OOM from the client, not sever side, then I don't think this is
Scan related, please check your client code.

2) we cannot add default value from HBase,  but you can add it on your
client when iterate the Result.

Also, you can using Phonex, this is cool for your scenario.
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Vimal Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to export from hbase to a CSV file.
> I am using "Scan" class to scan all data  in the table.
> But i am facing some problems while doing it.
>
> 1) My table has around 1.5 million rows  and around 150 columns for each
> row , so i can not use default scan() constructor as it will scan whole
> table in one go which results in OutOfMemory error in client process.I
> heard of using setCaching() and setBatch() but i am not able to understand
> how it will solve OOM error.
>
> I thought of providing startRow and stopRow in scan object but i want to
> scan whole table so how will this help ?
>
> 2) As hbase stores data for a row only when we explicitly provide it and
> their is no concept of default value as found in RDBMS , i want to have
> each and evey column in the CSV file i generate for every user.In case
> column values are not there in hbase , i want to use default  values for
> them(I have list of default values for each column). Is there any method in
> Result class or any other class to accomplish this ?
>

> Please help here.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Vimal Jain