HBase >> mail # user >> How to install Snappy?

How to install Snappy?
Hi,

I'm currently using GZip and want to move to Snappy.

I have downloaded the tar file, extracted, build, make install, make
check, everything is working fine.

However, I'm not able to get this working:
bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest /tmp/test.txt snappy
12/12/01 18:46:21 WARN snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library not loaded
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: native snappy
library not available
at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec.getCompressorType(SnappyCodec.java:123)

Sound like HBase is not able to find the native library. How can I
tell HBase where the library is?

Thanks,

JM