Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?

+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 18:00
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-19, 18:19
+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 18:42
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-19, 19:15
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-19, 19:29
+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 22:28
Re: Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?
If you back up the entire data/snap dir at any given time on one of the
machine.  You can restore the system using the backup.  It will include
all the committed txn and some inf-light txn up to that point

If you need to be able to optimize the size of backup then you will have
to understand how the server load the snapshot and txnlog. In short, you
don't need the whole dir but just the most recently files

If you really need to be specific about which txns are included in the
backup, one easy way is to make the system idle before doing backup.
Otherwise, you need to write a tool to process the txnlog and snapshot
file.
So there is nothing prevent you from doing a zookeeper backup on the
current release (although it might not be convenient and require some
knowledge about zookeeper)

--
Thawan Kooburat

+