Hive >> mail # user >> DISCUSS: Hive language manual to be source control managed

Re: DISCUSS: Hive language manual to be source control managed
I think that pages with only syntax that do not reference a source table or
show results are not very useful to me.

This page is nice:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+LateralView

This page is not nearly as useful:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+VirtualColumns

I just do not think we can get a consistent feel and style.

Also for reference, I think the lateral view syntax is out of date because
we no longer require the AS.