Flume >> mail # user >> In Flume-NG (1.3), is there a way to check the heartbeat on the http agent

+
Sanjath Shringeri 2013-06-18, 00:09
+
Ashish 2013-06-18, 05:36
+
Sanjath Shringeri 2013-06-18, 16:59
Re: In Flume-NG (1.3), is there a way to check the heartbeat on the http agent
Nope, adding extra node wouldn't serve the purpose. You need to enable HTTP
monitoring for each HTTP Source, as you mentioned.
My understanding is that you have client(s) which are fronted by ELB and
send HTTP data, consumed by HTTP Source. And you would like to have a
mechanism when to remove that source from ELB.

Here is the reference that might be of help
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#custom-reporting