Bigtop >> mail # user >> Configure MR1 using Bigtop

Re: Configure MR1 using Bigtop
Hi Jagat,

The latest versions of Bigtop do not support MR1, but Bigtop 0.3 did. You
can checkout the source for that line to build it yourself or you can
download the archived source release and binary packages for the supported
OS's here:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/bigtop/bigtop-0.3.0-incubating/. I
know there was some work done with the aim of another release 0.3.x release
that included MR1, but I don't know the current status of that effort.

Bigtop generally releases the most recent versions of all components that
work well together in testing. I believe the intended course of action if a
user or a distribution based on Bigtop want a different set of components
to meet their needs, is to use the packaging code available for previous
versions and recombine it however they want. MapReduce is one of the more
complicated components, so you will probably find it easiest to use the 0.3
release and rebuild any other components that you want upgraded from there.