Zookeeper, mail # user - very uneven distribution of clients to servers...

+
Brian Tarbox 2012-12-05, 20:27
+
kishore g 2012-12-05, 22:01
+
Ted Dunning 2012-12-05, 22:53
+
Camille Fournier 2012-12-05, 22:35
Re: very uneven distribution of clients to servers...
Ted Dunning 2012-12-05, 22:54
Shuffle depends on Math.random which is seeded by time of start.  That
should be just fine.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If you're using the Java ZooKeeper client, you can see in the code that the
> way connections are established is that we parse the server list, resolve
> them to inet addresses, and call Collections.shuffle on the list of server
> addresses. It's possible that Collections.shuffle is not random enough but
> I suspect that there's something else happening.

+
Alexander Shraer 2012-12-05, 23:15
+
Brian Tarbox 2012-12-06, 11:32