Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Thrift upgrade to 0.9.0

Re: Hive Thrift upgrade to 0.9.0
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Shangzhong zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> We are using Hive 0.9.0, and we have seen frequent Thrift Metastore
> timeout issues probably due to the Thrift memory leak reported in
> THRIFT-1468.
>
> The current solution is to upgrade Thrift to 0.9.0
>
> I am trying to use the patch (HIVE-2715). But seems the patch only works
> for Hive trunk (0.10.0). Saw a lot of missing files when I applied the
> patch to 0.9.0.

You probably saw new generated thrift files for features that were added to
trunk after  0.9.0.

> Do we have a patch available for Hive 0.9.0? Or what is the recommended
> apporach to upgrade to Thrift 0.9.0?

Currently, we dont have a patch for 0.9.0. The best way I can think of is
to regenerate the thrift files for 0.9.0 using the thrift 0.9 compiler.

> Thanks,
> Shanzhong

Thanks.
Shreepadma