Hadoop, mail # user - HBase Stack

Re: HBase Stack
Joey Echeverria 2011-11-15, 19:55
You can certainly run HBase on a single server, but I don't think
you'd want to. Very few projects ever reach a scale where a single
MySQL server can't handle it. In my opinion, you should start with the
easy solution (MySQL) and only bring HBase into the mix when your
scale really demands it. If you're worried about being locked into a
specific technology, then spend your design efforts building
interfaces that are easy to swap out when the time comes.

-Joey

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434