Avro >> mail # user >> SpecificData.deepCopy exception with CDH4

+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-07-15, 01:59
Re: SpecificData.deepCopy exception with CDH4
Hi Just a quick idea.
Also check ALL directories returned by
  hadoop classpath
for any Avro related classes.

I was struggling trying to use
avro-1.7.0 with CDH4 but made it work
by using the -libjars option and making sure my classes are used BEFORE the standard classes. There's a config
property (dont remember) to set for
that. Note the above setting is for the
task's classpath, to control the
classpath of your driver class set
HADOOOP_CLASSPATH=... and
HADOOOP_USER_CLASSPATH_FIRST=true

Alan

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2012, at 3:59, "Jeremy Lewi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi avro-users,
>
> I'm getting the following exception when using avro 1.6.1 with CDH4.
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.specific.SpecificData.deepCopy(Lorg/apache/avro/Schema;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
>
> The offending code is
> GraphNodeData copy = (GraphNodeData) SpecificData.get().deepCopy(data.getSchema(), data);
>
> where GraphNodeData is a class generated from my AVRO record.
>
> The code runs just fine on CDH3. I tried rebuilding AVRO from source and installing it my local repo because of a previous post that said Avro 1.6.1 in maven had been built against CDH3. I also deleted all the avro jar files I found in
> /usr/lib/hadoop
>
> Any ideas? Thanks?
> Jeremy

+