HBase >> mail # user >> Efficient way to read a large number of files in S3 and upload their content to HBase

Re: Efficient way to read a large number of files in S3 and upload their content to HBase

On 05/24/2012 04:47 PM, Amandeep Khurana wrote:
> Thanks for that description. I'm not entirely sure why you want to use
> HBase here. You've got logs coming that you want to process in batch
> to do calculations on. This can be done by running MR jobs on the flat
> files itself. You could use Java MR, Hive or Pig to accomplish this.
> Why do you want HBase here?
Tha main reason to use HBase is for the quantity of rows involved in the
process. It could provide a efficient and "quick" way to store all this.
Hive can be an option too.

I will discuss all this again with the dev team.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
  Twitter: @marcosluis2186