MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Cluster lost IP addresses

+
John Meza 2013-03-24, 02:48
+
John Meza 2013-03-22, 21:50
+
Balaji Narayanan 2013-03-23, 02:14
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-03-23, 03:31
+
Harsh J 2013-03-23, 05:12
Re: Cluster lost IP addresses
Hey John,

Make sure your /etc/hosts ( or DNS) is up to date and  any topology scripts
are updated.  Unfortunately, NN is pretty dumb about IP's vs. Hostnames.

BTW, NN devs.  Seriously?  You rely on IP addr instead of hostname?
 Someone should probably be shot or at least be responsible for fixing
this abomination. Sad that this code was released GA.

Sorry folks.  HDFS/Mapred is really cool tech, I'm just jaded about this
kind of silliness.

In my Not So Humble Opinion.
Chris

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> NameNode does not persist block locations; so this is still
> recoverable if the configs are changed to use the new set of hostnames
> to bind to/look up.
>
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > it has issues, namenode save blockid->nodes, using ip addr if your slaves
> > config file using ip addr instead of hostname.
> >
> > On Mar 23, 2013 10:14 AM, "Balaji Narayanan (பாலாஜி நாராயணன்)"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Assuming you are using hostnAmes and not ip address in your config files
> >> What happens when you start the cluster? If you are using IP address in
> your
> >> configs just update them and start. It should work with no issues.

> data

> >> --
> >> http://balajin.net/blog
> >> http://flic.kr/balajijegan