Hive >> mail # user >> UnitTest did not pass during compile the latest hive code

+
金杰 2013-11-05, 13:31
+
金杰 2013-11-05, 15:27
Re: UnitTest did not pass during compile the latest hive code
Hi Jie,

Can you compile HIVE successfully now? You need to modify some settings
according to your error information.
Maybe you can use the release version to avoid the error.

Tim
2013/11/5 金杰 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I got it.
>
> I need to run "mvn install -DskipTests" before I run "mvn install"
>
> Are there any documents that I can follow to help me compile or reading
> hive code?
> The documents on
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/DeveloperGuide seems to
> be outdated.
>

> Best Regards
> 金杰 (Jay Jin)
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM, 金杰 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, All
>>
>> When I try to compile the latest code of hive using "mvn install"
>> I got these messages. How to pass these unit tests? Did I miss something?
>>
>> I was compiling the code on ubuntu 13.04
>> And my JAVA_HOME is set:
>> $ echo $JAVA_HOME
>> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-oracle/
>>

>> Running org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TestExecDriver
>> Tests run: 8, Failures: 8, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 16.951
>> sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TestExecDriver
>> testMapPlan1(org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TestExecDriver)  Time
>> elapsed: 1.205 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<true> but was:<false>
>> at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:50)
>>  at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:287)
>>  at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:67)
>> at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:147)
>>  at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:153)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TestExecDriver.executePlan(TestExecDriver.java:465)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TestExecDriver.testMapPlan1(TestExecDriver.java:474)
>>
>> More error message is skipped.
>>

>> Best Regards
>> 金杰 (Jay Jin)

+