Pig >> mail # user >> Removing Jetty classes from Pig JAR

Re: Removing Jetty classes from Pig JAR
Scott,

You are mostly correct. All of those jars are not required to be in
there in pig-withouthadoop.jar. I see no reason why junit needs to be
there. Jackson and Joda are piggybank dependencies and as such should
be included in piggybank.jar not in pig-withouthadoop.jar. No idea
from where hamcrest and jshell are getting included. Looks like they
should be removed as well. I think even jline can be removed since its
only required at client side where users will be either using pig.jar
(which contains everything in any case) or setting up there own
classpath to use pig-withouthadoop.jar. So, it seems all the jars you
pointed out can be removed from pig-withouthadoop and that will lower
the distribution cost of it to all tasktracker node.

Lets open a jira and continue the discussion over there. Scott, would
you mind opening one?

Ashutosh