MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to identify datanodes in a cluster

+
Henjarappa, Savitha 2013-02-14, 18:23
Re: How to identify datanodes in a cluster
Hi Savitha,
On your nodes running tasktrackers and datanodes, there is a core-site.xml
file that specifies the namenode to contact via the property fs.default.name.
In addition, there is a mapred-site.xml which specifies address of
jobtracker.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Robert

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Henjarappa, Savitha <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  All,
>
> My questions
>
>    - If I have multiple Hadoop clusters, how do I make put which DataNode
>    is configured to which NameNode? Similary  Task Tracker to JobTracker?
>    - Can I install Map and Reduce on separate Nodes? Is there any usecase
>    to support this configuration.
>

> Thanks,
> Savitha

+