HDFS >> mail # dev >> Retire 0.20-append branch?

+
Todd Lipcon 2011-10-03, 21:50
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-10-04, 04:22
+
Owen OMalley 2011-10-04, 05:15
+
Jitendra Pandey 2011-10-04, 05:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-10-04, 21:12
Re: Retire 0.20-append branch?
On 10/03/2011 02:50 PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:
> 2) Move the branch itself into some kind of attic/ directory

We might:
 1. Let it lie, alongside other dead branches like branch-0.1, etc.
 2. Create a directory for dead branches and move all of the dead
branches there.
 3. Remove all dead branches.

I'd suggest we do (1) for now, and separately address the issue of dead
branches.

While removed branches are still retrievable they're harder to find and
removing them doesn't save space.  So if we find that the branches
directory is too cluttered then an archive directory might be useful.
I've seen some other projects do that, while many don't seem to bother.

Doug
+
Jeff MAURY 2011-10-04, 16:21