HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Possible to run an application jar as a hadoop daemon?

Re: Possible to run an application jar as a hadoop daemon?
Krishna,

You should be able to take the command you are using to start the hadoop
job (hadoop jar ..) and paste it into a text file.  Then make the file
executable and call it as a shell script in a CRON job (crontab -e).  To be
safe, use absolute paths to reference any files in the command.

Or, I suppose what you crazy kids and your object oriented programming
would do is use Quartz.
-John