MapReduce >> mail # dev >> can we remove Ant stuff now that MAPREDUCE-3543 (gridmix) has been mavenized?

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-05-17, 16:12
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-05-17, 16:15
Re: can we remove Ant stuff now that MAPREDUCE-3543 (gridmix) has been mavenized?
My take is that we should delete all the stuff from there and unwire
completely ANT from the build. Things can be revived from SVN if necessary
at porting time.

AFAIK, the current status of the old code is:

hadoop-mapreduce/src/java : this is old MR1 stuff, dead code in trunk,
DELETE
hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/data_join : already migrated to hadoop-tools,
DELETE
hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/gridmix : already migrated to hadoop-tools,
DELETE

hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/eclipse-plugin : not required anymore, DELETE

hadoop-mapreduce/src/test : this has AOP stuff, migration has not been
started

hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/raid : migration of this to trunk is WIP

hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/block_forensics : ????
hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/vaidya : ????
hadoop-mapreduce/src/contrib/vertica : ????

thx.

--
Alejandro
+