Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Pig >> mail # user >> Pig and AveroStorage : next


Copy link to this message
-
Re: Pig and AveroStorage : next
Hi Milind,

>> Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but
class was expected

This is an error when the Hadoop that you compiled Pig against doesn't
match the Hadoop that you run Pig on.

>> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_1 Info:Container killed by the
ApplicationMaster.

Looks like you're using Hadoop-2.0.x. If so, please recompile Pig with
Hadoop-2.0.x:

ant clean jar-withouthadoop.jar -Dhadoopversion=23

Thanks,
Cheolsoo
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Milind Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Avro Schema with int field
>
> {
> "type" : "record",
> "name" : "employee",
> "fields":[
>     {"name" : "name", "type" : "string", "default" : "NU"},
>     {"name" : "age", "type" : "int","default" : 0},
>     {"name" : "dept", "type": "string","default" : "DU"},
>     {"name" : "office", "type": "string","default" : "OU"},
>     {"name" : "salary", "type": "int", "default" : 0}
> ]
> }
>
>
> Avro Schema with float field
> {
> "type" : "record",
> "name" : "employee",
> "fields":[
>     {"name" : "name", "type" : "string", "default" : "NU"},
>     {"name" : "age", "type" : "int","default" : 0},
>     {"name" : "dept", "type": "string","default" : "DU"},
>     {"name" : "office", "type": "string","default" : "OU"},
>     {"name" : "salary", "type": "float","default" : 0.0}
> ]
> }
>
> I built the new piggbank.jar (pig 0.11) and used it for the 2 schemas
> containing int and float as above.
>
>
> Script:
>
> REGISTER /homes/immilind/HadoopLocal/Jars/avro-1.7.1.jar
> REGISTER /homes/immilind/HadoopLocal/Jars/piggybank.jar
>
> employee= load '/user/immilind/AvroData' using
> org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.avro.AvroStorage();
> dump employee;
>
> But I am getting following error :
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_0 Info:Error: Found interface
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_0 Info:Container killed by
> the ApplicationMaster.
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_1 Info:Error: Found interface
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_1 Info:Container killed by
> the ApplicationMaster.
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_2 Info:Error: Found interface
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_2 Info:Container killed by
> the ApplicationMaster.
>
> Backend error message
> ---------------------
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_3 Info:Error: Found interface
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
>
> Pig Stack Trace
> ---------------
> ERROR 2997: Unable to recreate exception from backed error:
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_3 Info:Error: Found interface
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
>
> org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable to
> open iterator for alias employee. Backend error : Unable to recreate
> exception from backed error:
> AttemptID:attempt_1357708865500_6931_m_000000_3 Info:Error: Found interface
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected
>     at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:826)
>     at
> org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processDump(GruntParser.java:696)
>     at
>
> org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:320)
>     at
> org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.loadScript(GruntParser.java:531)
>     at
> org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processScript(GruntParser.java:474)
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB