Hive >> mail # user >> Automatic creation of Hive output table based on SELECT statement

Re: Automatic creation of Hive output table based on SELECT statement
its a not via an API but what if you experimented with "create table XXX as
select ..... where 1=0" followed by "desc XXX".

Maybe something like that can tide you over until a more programmatic way
comes to light?