Hive >> mail # user >> HWI use on AWS/EMR

Re: HWI use on AWS/EMR
if you are not inside VPC ec2 does not let you change security groups.

so best option would be create a new ami from ur instance and then launch a
new instance with a security group you newly created.
or change the default security group to have the changes you want

Nitin Pawar