Flume >> mail # user >> Re: Flume workflow design

Re: Flume workflow design
Thank you for the reply Wolfgang, I was just looking at the great use case
presented by Ari Flink of Cisco and infact those technologies sound great!
The problem is that in my use case there will be an initial mapreduce job
that will parse some text, perform some analysis and sends the results of
those analyses to my HBaseSink.
Just once finished (not in streaming!), I have to start processing the data
stored in that HBase table "newer than some date contained in this
end-message" (I need thus a way to trigger the start of such processing),
which requires to invoke an external REST service and stores data in
another output table. Also here, just once finished I have to reduce all
those information and put them into Solr..

So I think that the main problem is to avoid streaming and trigger
mapreduce jobs. Is there a way to do it with Flume?

Best,
Flavio