Drill >> mail # dev >> Missed hangout

Re: Missed hangout
I don't know whether anyone took notes... here are the highlights:

Harri: Working on some introductory docs.  Still understanding architecture.
Ben: Working on a DEAD_BUF issues that Steven found running against larger
datasets.  Could have to do with intermediate batches with new schema and
no records.  Could have to do with issues of not zeroing memory of buffers.
Jason: Working on Parquet connection issue.  Seems infrequent and has only
happened within Intellij & Eclipse.  CLI seems okay.  Has all nullables
working except one.  Hope to get that in soon.
Steven: Working on distributed testing.  Put together a tool for submitting
intermediate plans from the cli.  Should share a patch today for that tool.
 Also working on an updated sqlline script to run within the distribution
tarball/rpm/deb.  Make the distro work.  Discussion included command line
options for tool.  Currently designed to run in distributed mode.  Might be
good idea to add an embedded mode for query submission.
Yash: Still getting feet wet.  Submitted a new JIRA for ceiling and floor
functions.  Will work on those to start to improve understanding.
 Discussion came up about putting together a list of functions people can
work on.  People thought a google sheet and a parent JIRA rather than a
jira per function to start. Ben is going to start this worksheet based on
the functions he catalogued as required for TPC-H
Jacques: Working on getting things working together and bug fixing.
 Figuring out Apache signing process. Discussed plans for code directory
move.  Hope to move tomorrow after patches all get in today.  Will also
start document of known issues for alpha.  Discussed the annoyance of _MAP
and cast requirements for Optiq.  Would like to correct but probably too
late in release cycle.