Pig >> mail # user >> Pig for Windows

Re: Pig for Windows

The shell script sets some environemnt variables, such as HADOOP_HOME,
but you don't need most of that if you are running the local mode. The
pig.jar has hadoop in it.

I haven't tried using pig on windows, but I think at least within
cygwin, running the java command directly should work.

java -cp pig.jar  org.apache.pig.Main -x local

A patch for a batch file is certainly welcome !

-Thejas