Hive >> mail # dev >> Newbie

+
karthik tunga 2013-02-09, 20:56
Hi Karthik,
Welcome!

My first Hive JIRA was a UDF (User Defined Functions) - HIVE-2418

I personally believe starting off with UDFs is a great and relatively easy
way to start contributing to Hive.

I did a quick search for UDF related JIRAs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HIVE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20text%20~%20%22udfs%22
and here are a few JIRAs that I think might be useful. If it's claimed by
someone else and you want to do it and haven't seen activity for a while,
request them on the JIRA if you could take over. Otherwise, take an
unassigned JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2710 (I think this would be an
excellent first JIRA)

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Mark

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM, karthik tunga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I am just getting started with Hive code. I was wondering if there are any
> open JIRA easy enough that I could fix ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Cheers,
> Karthik

+