Hive, mail # dev - Newbie

Re: Newbie
Mark Grover 2013-02-09, 22:59
Hi Karthik,
Welcome!

My first Hive JIRA was a UDF (User Defined Functions) - HIVE-2418

I personally believe starting off with UDFs is a great and relatively easy
way to start contributing to Hive.

I did a quick search for UDF related JIRAs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HIVE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20text%20~%20%22udfs%22
and here are a few JIRAs that I think might be useful. If it's claimed by
someone else and you want to do it and haven't seen activity for a while,
request them on the JIRA if you could take over. Otherwise, take an
unassigned JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2710 (I think this would be an
excellent first JIRA)

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Mark