HDFS, mail # user - How to restore HDFS data

Re: How to restore HDFS data
Harsh J 2013-05-02, 13:19
If you've already run -delete (-move is a better choice if you know DN
fault is temporary), then the missing blocks are already deleted from the
namespace permanently. No way to recover the data since the blocks have
also been invalidated by now.

A HDFS Snapshots feature will arrive in near future to cover the backup
scenarios that may prove useful in cases such as this.

--
Harsh J