HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: Question about local reads and HDFS 347

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was looking at HDFS 347 and the nice long story with impressive
> benchmarks and that it should really help with region server performance.
>
> The question I had was whether it would still help if we were already using
> the short circuit local reads setting already provided by HBase. Are there
> any other significant improvements there ?

High-level, SSR no longer requires all-access by a special hbase user [1].
 HDFS-347, in the issue, also reports some improvement over current SSR.
St.Ack

1.
http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/HDFS-347-and-HDFS-2246-issues-different-td3998413.html