HBase >> mail # dev >> ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?

+
Mick Hittesdorf 2012-12-11, 00:13
+
Stack 2012-12-11, 05:05
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-11, 05:00
+
Mick Hittesdorf 2012-12-12, 02:05
Re: ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?
protobuf is used in HBase for serialization.

I searched the files under
hbase-protocol/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/protobuf/generated but
didn't see any non-blocking interface.

A brief search on the web resulted in:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/protobuf/s7jAGvJKgmA

But that thread was really old.

Would do more searching.

Cheers

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Mick Hittesdorf
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Thanks for the information. I was wondering why the ClientProtocol
> specifically implements the BlockingInterface? I want to write a
> non-blocking, event-driven, asynchronous, multi-threaded client similar to
> asynchhbase (https://github.com/OpenTSDB/asynchbase) but in C++.  Am I
> going to need to 'hide' the blocking semantics implemented by HBase in my
> client in order to achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance! Mick
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/ClientProtocol.java

+
Elliott Clark 2012-12-12, 06:47