HBase >> mail # dev >> ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?

Re: ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?
protobuf is used in HBase for serialization.

I searched the files under
hbase-protocol/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/protobuf/generated but
didn't see any non-blocking interface.

A brief search on the web resulted in:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/protobuf/s7jAGvJKgmA

But that thread was really old.