Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Hi Doug,
The apache voting process contradicts the Hadoop bylaws:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html says that only PMC members can
make binding votes on code modification issues, but
http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html says that Committers can make binding
votes on them.  Does that mean the Hadoop bylaws have to change?

Thanks,
--Matt