MapReduce >> mail # user >> Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?

Re: Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?
Hi Jianhui,

If you only has hadoop and not HBase, maybe there is no problem.
Last time we changed IP addresses but not hostname. Our hadoop version is
hadoop 1.0.2, HBase is 0.92.  At beginning, it's ok. But after about 2
hours, the second name node exited and couldn't start , reported
NullPointException. Then we restarted all nodes, but NN couldn't start and
reported the same error.

So you can just have a test. Before your test, REMEMBER to BACKUP ALL YOUR
DATA, especially the name node data and HBase -META-,-ROOT- table.

Good Luck!
Andy Zhou