HBase, mail # user - coprocessor status query

Re: coprocessor status query
Wei Tan 2013-10-23, 05:13
Hi Gary, thanks for your clarification and yes, I totally agree with your
statement.

The class is not removed but the CP is kind of removed and not active
after an un-handled exception.
I will take a look at the Jira you mentioned.
Best regards,
Wei

From:   Gary Helmling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Date:   10/22/2013 07:37 PM
Subject:        Re: coprocessor status query

> "The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the
> regionserver,...."
>
> That was kinda my point.
>
> You can't remove the class from the RS until you do a rolling restart.

Yes, understood.

However, your original statement that "You can't remove a coprocessor"
needed some clarification, in that the coprocessor that threw the
exception
_is_ removed from the active set of coprocessors for that region.  So it
is
no longer invoked for pre/post hooks on the call path for further
requests.

>From the original question, I take it that this invocation context is what
Wei cared about.