Zookeeper, mail # user - excessive client timeouts tied to NIO select(timeout)

Re: excessive client timeouts tied to NIO select(timeout)
Camille Fournier 2013-02-26, 18:24
Is it possible that something else is going on in the application that is
using this client, or are you observing this happen in a simple test
client? I don't think a 15-25s wait time is within any reasonable bounds of
"more or less". This timeout is passed down to native code in the JVM so a
bug there causing a "more" of that magnitude would probably affect a lot of
people. I would start looking into what kind of networking conditions could
be causing such a hang, assuming you don't have full GC happening that is
pausing the process during this period (which could cause such a long hang).